Foro East Link

Foro de U2

Bienvenido!

Entrar Registrarse
Buscar
The Edge en documental Glen Campbell.
27 August 2014 a las 14:36
Numero de lecturas: 201
McCartney, Springsteen, The Edge Featured in New Documentary About Glen Campbell's Farewell Tour

Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and U2's The Edge are among the many stars who appear in Glen Campbell I'll Be Me, a new documentary focusing on the farewell tour tour the pop-country legend mounted after being diagnosed with advanced Alzheimer's disease in 2011. The movie, which got its U.S. premiere in April at the Nashville Film Festival, is scheduled to open in theaters across the country October 24.

Campbell's "Goodbye Tour" spanned 151 shows during 2011 and 2012, and included stops in such famous venues as Carnegie Hall in New York City and the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. In addition to showing live performances from the trek, the film takes a look at Glen's storied career and his battle with Alzheimer's. Other celebrities featured in the film include Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, Sheryl Crow, Bill Clinton, Jay Leno, Steve Martin, and songwriter Jimmy Webb, who penned some of Campbell's biggest hits.

A new trailer for the film shows Campbell struggling with his memory and visiting a doctor who discusses his Alzheimer's diagnosis. The promo also features footage Glen being honored at the 2012 Grammy Awards, as well as clips of Springsteen and the Edge sharing their admiration for the singer and his decision to tour in the condition he was in.

"It's a rough, rough disease," says the Boss. "To be out there rolling the dice was pretty brave."

The Edge, meanwhile, reflects on how Glen was able to perform in spite of his disease, saying, "The audience being there somehow triggers his ability to access that other part of his brain, which is incredible."

Glen Campbell I'll Be Me, which was directed by James Keach, won the grand jury prize at the Nashville Film Festival. For more information about the flick, visit GlenCampbellMovie.com.

Trailer (aparece The Edge):

[www.youtube.com]
Asunto Autor Vistas Enviado
  The Edge en documental Glen Campbell.
East_Link 201 27 August 2014 a las 14:36