Foro East Link

Foro de U2

Bienvenido!

Entrar Registrarse
Buscar
Re: Rare U2 Dublin concert footage revealed
17 April 2019 a las 16:23
Numero de lecturas: 370
Una joyita! Seria un puntazo si sale entero.

U2 on a community centre rooftop on Sheriff Street in north inner-city Dublin on Saturday, July 17th, 1982, at a free and unannounced gig which the band did for the locals' Inner City Looking On festival, and which I recorded. The use of this audio track by documentary maker Sé Merry Doyle, on footage of this performance which was published on the Irish Film Institute website in April 2019, was unauthorised and therefore is a breach of copyright. Doyle asked me some years ago for permission to use the audio, as he had film of the gig but no sound, but I did not grant permission. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock was the last song U2 played that night, ending a 45-minute set performed to 300-400 people, mostly locals, though there was a small knot of U2 fans there, as can be heard when Bono asks "Does anybody have the right time," his frequent introduction to Tick Tock. The full set list at Sheriff Street was: Gloria, I Threw a Brick Through a Window, A Day Without Me, An Cat Dubh, Into the Heart, Rejoice, I Will Follow, Out of Control, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. (Should the band want a copy of the recording, feel free to contact me - Regine has my phone number.) The Sheriff Street gig was one of U2's most interesting from that period - very stripped-back compared with their club shows from that time. Edge used his black Stratocaster exclusively that night - no Explorer - and he really made it scream, as can be heard here. In addition there was a party atmosphere, it was all very relaxed, which was great to experience as this was an area notorious for its roughness and its deep-seated social problems. The next day, the band joined Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Paul Brady and others performing at a benefit gig for Hot Press magazine at Punchestown racecourse. Christine Bond took the picture above at the Sheriff Street gig; it will be removed if she objects to its use.

--------------------------------------

PALMARES 08/2010 ACTUALIZADO!!!

- Campeon TRIVIAL Organizado por Pau
- Campeon TRIVIAL Especial Live Edition organizado por Kitacitus 135
- Campeon y tercer clasificado Nova Canco 2008
- Retirada de las competiciones oficiales en Julio 2008 tras aplastante dominio sobre el populacho
- Vuelta a lo Schumacher, 2o clasificado Trivial 2010
- Organizador Super Trivial 2010 2.0
- "Aprendiz de Goebbels" (Feb 2010)
Asunto Autor Vistas Enviado
East_Link 995 17 April 2019 a las 12:40
  Re: Rare U2 Dublin concert footage revealed
Diego 370 17 April 2019 a las 16:23
THE_FLY 331 20 April 2019 a las 14:30
god part III 315 22 April 2019 a las 17:59
U2santos 461 23 April 2019 a las 16:00